I get there by 7 am, a hassle unto itself, but the food is worth it.
- Few pounds cherries
- Four apples
- 3 each peaches, nectarines, plums, nectarines
- Dino kale
- salad greens
- English peas
- Sugar peas (mistake, but they’ll get eaten)
- green beans (I hate these cooked. Actually I dislike most cooked veggies, except mushrooms and kale/collards/mustard/etc.)
- very vanilla pancake mix (yummy white flour-I mix with whole grain pancake mix 50:50)
This all costs about $40.
Leftover still from last week:
- grapefruit (I’ll eat one a day when I remember)
- bell peppers
- smoked hot pepper cheddar cheese
- whole wheat pitas to make pizza
I wanted a croissant, but the lines were too long, as they have been for the last few weeks. I used to eat one every week, now it’s a few a year. Problem is I have to be at gym by 9, and I need more coffee and breakfast first. When I have time or patience to stand in line for 10 minutes for it, I’ll get my croissant. Until then, just drooling for it. Surprisingly, I manage to eat most of this food over the course of a week (or two, thanks to my miracle tupperwares, called Lock-n-lock). And of course, I always reuse my plastic shopping bags until they’re nasty and go to the doggy poop bag pile.
I think my bad mood this last week was a result of pms, being too sore for exercise, and lack of Vit. D. It’s been really gray here lately, but today is sunny, and in the wind-free backyard, warm enough for short sleeves. I’m still not happy, but managed to clean my apt for an hour or two, now resting for an hour before I go out and force myself to be amongst people, even if I don’t talk to them. I’ll act as if…
Happy weekend, everyone